Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dreaming


I was back in Rockhampton and I ran into my old swimming coach from primary school.  He said I should really get back into training.  I agreed.  We had a bit of a laugh about life at Allenstown, then I jumped into the pool and did some laps.

Then I woke up. 

I was telling my friend Rachael about my dream and she reminded me that my swim coach was actually the husband of one of our teachers at high school.  I’d completely forgotten about that link.  I said to her 'but he was so nice and she was such a cow!'  Rachael dug me in the ribs because at that very moment his wife passed us in the street.  Bad timing!

And then I woke up again.

I found myself lying in bed in a fancy hotel in the centre of Belgrade and I could hear all these drums banging and trumpets blowing.  I got up and went to the window and saw the street below full of brides.  There would have been about 50 of them.  Grooms too.  They were all super dressed up and one had a train that was about 10 meters long.   People were taking photos while a band of sailors and gypsies played along and then they all marched off in the direction of the city hall.











I must be still dreaming.....


No comments:

Post a Comment